New Student Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in Holt Public Schools!
NOW ENROLLING for the 2021-2022 school year
Holt/Dimondale Resident student enrollments are now being accepted for Kindergarten – 12th grade. Initial emphasis will be placed on completing kindergarten submissions due to the number of enrollments and balanced calendar students who start school August 3rd. All other enrollments will be processed as we work through each submission and will be finalized prior to the beginning of school.
Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year (Next Year)
APPLICABLE TO HOLT/DIMONDALE RESIDENTS or APPROVED SCHOOL OF CHOICE ENROLLMENT ONLY
Please follow the steps below to enroll a new student at Holt Public Schools. If you are unsure whether your address falls in our district, you may verify by visiting the GreatSchools website. If you are unable to use our digital process for enrollment, please contact the Curriculum Office at 517.699.1103 or 517.694.5730.
There is no need to call the Curriculum Office to check on the status of your enrollment. If all requirements for enrollment have been met/supplied the enrollment will be finalized within 2-4 days following submission. If there are problems with an enrollment the submitting parent/guardian will be contacted directly.
- If you are a Resident and withdrew your student from Holt Public Schools due to the pandemic and now want to return, you must follow the enrollment process fully to re-enroll.
- If you are a School of Choice (SoC) family who withdrew your student due to the pandemic and now want to return, you will need to re-apply by completing an application for Schools of Choice placement between June 1 – June 15, 2021. School of Choice applications will be available at the Education Center at 5780 W. Holt Road, Door #35. Out of District/School of Choice enrollments will be removed from the PowerSchool system if submitted prior to approval.
To enroll your student:
Step One – Prepare for Online Enrollment (performed by Parent/Guardian)
Create electronic versions of documents required to finalize your student’s enrollment:
- Raised-Seal Birth Certificate or other Legal Birth Record (not a hospital Certificate of Birth)
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) of a parent listed on birth document
- 2-current proofs of residency (utility/cable bill, other billing statement, lease, mortgage, correspondence received in the mail). Each proof of residency must be different.
- The student's Immunization Record or Current Health Department Waiver
- For Kindergartner and 1st graders Only: A hearing & vision screening
Step Two – Completing Online Enrollment (performed by Parent/Guardian)
- Click on the PowerSchool Enrollment Link
- Follow all instructions from page to page. Be sure to complete all required fields denoted with * and always save or submit where prompted.
Upload Required Documentation (performed by Parent/Guardian)
- To upload required documents listed in Step One,
- Follow the system prompts in Step Two
- Documents missing or not sent will result in a delay to the enrollment being finalized.
- If necessary, you may exit the enrollment registration and return to it later, any information you have previously entered and saved will not be lost.
At The End of this online registration you will be prompted to take make an appointment to finalize this enrollment. At this time, the appointment feature is not available. When finished, log completely out of any browser screens related to PowerSchool you have open.
Next Steps/Enrollment Finalized & Additional Information (performed by District Personnel)
- Attachments will be printed to verify data entered in the PowerSchool application.
- Printed copies will be used to create a student’s permanent file (also called a CA60). The CA60 is stored at the student’s school & moves with the student throughout their academic career.
- Once the student enrollment has been finalized you will receive notification from the student’s assigned school with additional information prior to or soon after the beginning of fall classes.
Free Vision and Hearing Testing:
For all who wish to apply for Preschool, submit your application today!