New Student Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in Holt Public Schools!
Enrollment for 2023-2024 School Year is now open. Information can be found in the tabs below.
Holt/Dimondale Resident student enrollments are now being accepted for Kindergarten – 12th grade.
Once your enrollment has been processed, you will be contacted by the school directly to provide you with additional information. The Curriculum Office does not have building specific or teacher placement details.
Enroll for the 2023-2024 School Year
APPLICABLE TO HOLT/DIMONDALE RESIDENTS
Please follow the steps below to enroll a new student at Holt Public Schools. If you are unsure whether your address falls in our district, you may verify by visiting the GreatSchools website. If you are unable to use our digital process for enrollment, please contact the Curriculum Office at 517.699.1103 or 517.694.5730.
There is no need to call the Curriculum Office to check on the status of your enrollment. If all document requirements for enrollment have been met/supplied the enrollment will be finalized within 2-4 days following submission. If there are problems with an enrollment, the submitting parent/guardian will be contacted directly. Please ensure your email address is current/valid.
If you are a Resident and withdrew your student from Holt Public Schools and now want to return, you must follow the enrollment process fully to re-enroll.
To enroll your student:
Step One – Prepare for Online Enrollment (performed by Parent/Guardian)
- Create electronic versions of documents required to finalize your student’s enrollment:
- Raised-Seal Birth Certificate or other Legal Birth Record (not a hospital Certificate of Birth)
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport) of a parent listed on birth document
- Two (2) current proofs of residency (utility/cable bill, other billing statement, lease, mortgage, correspondence received in the mail). Each proof of residency must be different.
- The student's Immunization Record or Current Health Department Waiver
- For Kindergartner and 1st graders Only: A hearing & vision screening
Step Two – Completing Online Enrollment (performed by Parent/Guardian)
If necessary, you may exit the enrollment registration and return to it later; any information you have previously entered and saved will not be lost.
- Click on this PowerSchool Enrollment Link
- If you already have a child enrolled in HPS, this is different from the PowerSchool Parent Portal and has separate log in credentials.
- Follow all instructions from page to page
- Complete all required fields denoted with *
- Always save or submit where prompted
- Upload required documentation
- Follow the system prompts
- When prompted to take make an appointment to finalize this enrollment, please disregard. An appointment is NOT necessary.
- Log out of any browser tabs related to PowerSchool that are open.
- Documents missing or not sent will result in a delay to the enrollment being finalized.
- Once the student enrollment has been finalized, you will receive notification from the student’s assigned school with additional information prior to or soon after the beginning of fall classes.
Immunizations, Hearing & Vision Requirements
Annual Immunization or Waiver Information:
An Immunization Record is required for enrollment for all students.
Any parent/guardian wishing to claim a non-medical waiver must receive education regarding the benefits of vaccination and the risks of disease from a county health department before obtaining the certified non-medical Waiver Form from the local Health Department. The rule requires the use of the State of Michigan form dated for the current calendar year. For more information, contact the Ingham County Health Department at 517.887.4350.
Pre-School / Childcare:
For information on Pre-School Services and/or Childcare Services for Kindergarten through 4th grade, please contact Midway Early Learning Center at 517.694.3411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.